This data protection declaration applies to the use of the Blackfort AG website.
We attach great importance to the protection of your personal data and collect, process and use your personal data exclusively in accordance with the principles described below and in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
By utilizing the website www.blackfort.li (or a page diverted to this web address; hereinafter referred to as the “Blackfort website”) you confirm that you have read and understood and accept the following Conditions of Use including the Legal Conditions. If you do not accept these Conditions of Use please do not visit the Blackfort website again. The Blackfort website is not intended for legal and natural persons who, for reasons of nationality, business headquarters, place of residence or for any other reasons, are subject to a legal system which bans or restricts in particular
- the publication of the contents,
- access to the Blackfort website,
- the activities of a foreign financial services provider,
- the admission of financial products (e.g. funds)
Moreover, it is not intended for use by legal or natural persons in countries where Blackfort AG or any companies associated with it do not have the required registration and authorization to operate.
Not all the financial products and services presented on the Blackfort website are available in all jurisdictions or are suitable for all investors in all jurisdictions. It depends on the provisions of laws and regulations applicable in the relevant jurisdiction whether a financial product or service may be offered to a certain person. The Blackfort website contains information and opinions on services and collective investment schemes (hereinafter referred to as “funds”) and similar products managed and/or registered in various countries. The Blackfort website pages must not be accessed by persons (such as natural persons, legal entities or specific types of investors) who are subject to a jurisdiction prohibiting publication of the contents of the Blackfort website or access to the Blackfort website (due to that person’s nationality and/or place of residence or for whatever reasons). Persons to whom these restrictions apply, are not allowed to access the Blackfort website. Please note that particularly the funds distributed by Blackfort AG and the companies associated are not authorized for distribution in the United States of America (USA) or to US persons.
I. Contact details of the data responsible and the data protection coordinator
The Blackfort website is operated by Blackfort AG, Im alten Riet 102, 9494 Schaan, Liechtenstein, as the data responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (hereinafter “Blackfort” or “we”).
The operational data protection coordinator of Blackfort AG is Mr. Wanja Eichl. He can be reached at the above address as well as by telephone: +423 239 68 17 or e-mail: [email protected].
II. Description and scope of data processing
1. Scope of the processing of personal data
Our processing of personal data of our users is limited to those data which are necessary for the provision of a functional website as well as our contents and services. The processing of personal data of our users is only carried out for the purposes agreed with them or if there is another legal basis (in the sense of the DSGVO). We only collect personal data that is required for the performance and processing of our tasks and services or that you have voluntarily provided to us.
2. Visitor and usage data
When our website is accessed, our system also automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer. The following personal data and information are collected:
- Information about the type of browser and the version used
- The user’s operating system
- The user’s internet service provider
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user’s system accesses our website.
This data and information is stored for data security reasons in order to ensure the stability and operational security of our system. We store them for a maximum period of 1 month. The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data and the log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. Web analysis and targeting tools
Blackfort uses so-called cookies on the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the cache of your browser to enable recognition of your browser and to make your visit to our website even more attractive. Currently, only so-called session cookies are stored.
Session cookies automatically lose their validity when you leave the website. Persistent cookies remain on your terminal device for a longer period until you delete them. They enable us, for example, to use the tools described above for web analysis and individualised targeting. Of course, you can also visit our website without cookies being stored on your browser. You can restrict or deactivate the storage of cookies in your browser settings at any time, but this may lead to restrictions in the functions and user-friendliness of our website.
5. Data processing via contact form and when contacting us
You can contact Blackfort directly by email [email protected], phone +423 239 68 17. Blackfort collects, processes and uses the personal data and information you provide via these channels and via the contact form on the website (title, first and last name, e-mail address, subject and content of your message) exclusively for the purpose of processing your request. If they are no longer required to fulfil the above-mentioned purpose or on the basis of other justifiable grounds pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 GDPR (e.g. contract initiation and fulfilment, statutory retention periods, legitimate interests), they will be deleted.
7. File downloads
We do not require you to provide any personal information in order to download files from our website.
III. Data security
We use the widespread SSL procedure in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser when visiting our website. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the address bar of your browser.
In addition, we apply further appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
IV. Your rights (affected rights)
Regarding the personal data concerning you, you are entitled to the following data protection rights under the GDPR:
- Right to information: You can request information from Blackfort about whether and to what extent personal data about you are being processed (e.g. categories, origin, recipients and storage period of the personal data processed, purpose of processing, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling, your rights as a person concerned, etc.).
- Right to correction, deletion and restriction of processing: You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you. Furthermore, your personal data must be deleted if this data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or processed, if you have withdrawn your consent or if this data are processed unlawfully. Furthermore, you have the right to request the restriction of processing.
- Right of revocation: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes at any time, if the processing is based on your explicit consent. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent given prior to the application of the GDPR, that means as well prior to 25 May 2018. Please note that the revocation only takes effect for the future. Processing that took place before the revocation are not affected. The revocation also has no influence on data processing on any other legal basis.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have this data transferred to another controller.
- Right of objection: You have the right to object informally to the processing of data in individual cases for reasons arising from your particular situation, provided that the processing is in the public interest or is carried out to protect the legitimate interests of the asset management company or a third party. Furthermore, you have the right to object informally to the use of personal data for advertising purposes. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct advertising, we will no longer process your personal data for this purpose.
- Right of appeal: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Liechtenstein supervisory authority. You may also contact another supervisory authority in an EU or EEA member state, for example in your place of residence or place of work or in the place of the suspected violation.
The contact details of the competent data protection authority in Liechtenstein are as follows: Liechtenstein Data Protection Authority, Städtle 38, P.O. Box, 9490 Vaduz, Liechtenstein, telephone: +423 236 60 90, e-mail: [email protected].
Requests for information or objections should preferably be submitted by writing to the data protection coordinator mentioned above. The data protection coordinator is also available to you as a contact person for all other data protection matters.
Status: April 2023